Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My favourite verses: Isaiah 30:21

“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’”

God guides each of us in different ways. For some people, it is through dreams and visions. For others, it is through an audible voice. For most of us, it is through circumstances and through the Word.
A story is told of three women praying in a church, when Jesus appears. For the first woman, He listens to what she is saying, then bends down and whispers in her ear. He listens to the second, and then, saying nothing, places His hand on her shoulder for a while. He listens to the third, and as He stands next to her, He simply smiles. All three women knew their prayers had been heard, even though the confirmation they each received from the Lord was quite different.
I can relate to this story in my own journey. When I was a child, I would regularly hear God speaking to me – not as an audible voice, but thoughts placed in my mind that I knew were from Him. Through my teenage years, things changed, and this mode of God’s communication became few and far between. But I grew to realise how He was speaking to me through the Word. More and more His guidance would come as I started to move in a particular direction, just as this verses says. This is why I find particular comfort in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment