Saturday, March 6, 2010

My favourite verses: 1 John 4:4

“Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.”

I have found this verse of great comfort when facing those overwhelming times in life when it is clear I have been under spiritual attack. In my own strength I am nothing. But the power of God within me is greater than any force from outside.
It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking God is on one hand and Satan is on the other as an equal. But this is incorrect. Satan is a fallen cherub, and as such was created by God. He is not omnipresent, omniscient, nor omnipotent. Satan has limitations. But God does not. When we truly grasp just how great and powerful God is, we can face anything knowing that He is with us.
The world and the powers that control it will one day pass away. But God and all that belongs to Him, will never pass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment