Thursday, March 11, 2010

My favourite verses: Ezekiel 2:6

“Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions.”

Sometimes we can feel as if we are living in a place where everything and everyone are out to get us. It may be a desert place, a place of torment and danger. But even here, we don’t need to be afraid, because God is with us.
Knowing that God is with me in both the good times and the bad is of great comfort to me. This is powerfully rendered in the “Footprints” poem, with its concluding stanza,
“The Lord replied, ‘My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.’”
Sometimes we may not feel God in the troublesome times in our lives. But when we need Him the most, it is at that point He is the closest.

No comments:

Post a Comment