Friday, March 26, 2010

The everlasting arms

“The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” Deuteronomy 33:27
God’s eternal nature should be of great comfort to us. He is always the same; He never changes. His personality doesn’t change, neither does His attitude or His love towards us. He deals with us in exactly the same way as believers all through history. His attitude towards sin has not changed, and the extent of His patience and forgiveness is still the same.
His everlasting arms support us and hold us up. This is reiterated in the New Testament also. Jesus said, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no-one can snatch them out of my Father's hand” (John 10:28-29). There are two hands involved here – the Father’s and the Son’s. Are you resting in the everlasting arms today?

No comments:

Post a Comment