Monday, December 10, 2012

Trusting in God

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2
There are many benefits in being a Christian; for me perhaps the greatest day-to-day blessing is the peace that I have, knowing I can trust God in all things. I don’t need to fear or worry about anything, because He has everything under control. Trust takes time to develop, and God is constantly stretching us just that little bit more, so that our faith will grow from strength to strength. For you it might be health issues, or the threat of losing your job. It might be a rift in your family, or some chaotic event that turns your life upside-down. But no matter what happens, God will be there. If we are truly trusting in Him, we don’t need to worry about or fear anything. He is our strength – the power within us that enables us to keep going. He is our song – the joy and praise within us that gives us hope for the future (in eternity, if not also in this life). He is our salvation, and is becoming our salvation. He has provided for us to be saved through the death and resurrection of His Son, and He is continually sanctifying us, purifying us for heaven. Our relationship with the Lord should be what defines us. It shouldn’t just be a part of our lives, something that we do; it should be the primary characteristic of who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment