Sunday, September 16, 2012

The way chosen for us

“Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.” Psalm 25:12
The Bible tells us about many benefits for those who fear the Lord. ‘Fearing the Lord’ doesn’t mean being frightened or afraid of Him, thinking that God is going to smack you with a big stick as soon as you step out of line. Fearing God is about giving Him the utmost respect and honour, as you would do for royalty – after all, He is the King of kings. And as we do this, living our lives out of respect for Him, He will instruct and guide us in the way chosen for us.
This is something that God has really been teaching me personally over the last month or so. There are opportunities that have arisen (taking on a leadership role in my job) that I wasn’t expecting and wouldn’t have sought for myself, but in any case the door is open and I know that it is God’s will for me to walk through it. Then on the other hand, there are things I want to do (certain ministries at church), where I am trying to bash down other doors that are closed for the time being. This only results in frustration and guilt at trying to force God’s hand. What I need to do is be content with what God has given me to do. This is the way He has chosen for me, and His way is always best. I know I have been greatly blessed in many areas in life. But isn’t it funny how we usually fail to see those things, and instead concentrate on the things we don’t have! We need to come back to this word:
Do what He has given you to do – don’t neglect it. And the corollary is: don’t try to do things He hasn’t given you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment