Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Do not fear

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
Over and over in the Bible we are told not to fear. The reason? Because God is with us. We do not face trouble alone. David said, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Ps. 23:4). God will protect us; nothing can touch us that He hasn’t allowed. And when they do, He is still watching. He strengthens us and upholds us.
There are many things in life that we can fear. Fear usually comes because of some threat, or because the future looks uncertain. But God is bigger than both of these. If the threat does materialise, we can call to Him for help, and He will answer. If we are worried about what the future holds, we just need to stop and remember Who it is that holds the future. Like David, we can say, “The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?” (Ps. 27:1). We can always run to God for protection, when we are afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment