Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trust God

“When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” Psalm 56:3-4
No matter where we are at in our Christian walk, there’s one thing we can all grow more in: trusting God. I was listening recently to a sermon* by Alwyn Wall, pastor of Calvary Chapel Westminster (London, UK), where he pointed out that it’s difficult to trust someone you don’t know – and we come to know God by reading His Word.
As we read the Scriptures, we see example after example where God was faithful to His people, and faithful to keep His word. Why should it be any different today? God hasn’t changed.
With God on our side, we have no reason to fear. David asks here, “What can mortal man do to me?” Jesus said, “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more” (Luke 12:4). Mortal man can only affect our mortal bodies. He cannot touch your spirit, unless you let him. How much more important it is to fear God – who decides on each person’s eternal destiny, based on their acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ as their Saviour.

* Jude 1:17-25, available from http://www.calvarylondon.co.uk/pages/Downloads.html

No comments:

Post a Comment