Sunday, January 10, 2010

I want NZ to be blessed

“I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse” Genesis 12:3
These were the words God spoke to Abraham and his descendants. I’ve been disgusted at the people protesting outside the women’s tennis tournament in Auckland recently, kicking up a stink about the Israeli girl who’s playing. For sure, they are of an ilk that is present all over the world – those who say Israel shouldn’t fight anybody and should ‘give the Palestinians what is rightfully theirs’, which is only a short step removed from those who say Israel shouldn’t exist at all.
Reading some of the comments on the chief proponent’s blog – I couldn’t stomach them all – made it clear to me that he is not interested in raising awareness of ‘human rights abuses’, since he is only targeting the Israeli player and not the Chinese ones (interesting point). So it would seem clear that anti-Semitism is, sadly, alive and well in New Zealand.
I want New Zealand to be blessed by God. I don’t want it to be cursed. And so I pray, Lord, please forgive us as a country and these people for the wicked things they are saying against Your chosen nation, so that we are not all cursed because of their ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment