Sunday, August 5, 2012

God's favour

“For surely, O Lord, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favour as with a shield.” Psalm 5:12
Do you know that you’re surrounded with God’s favour? It might not feel like it, if your bank balance is lean and you’re having health problems, but nevertheless, you are surrounded with God’s favour and blessing. Too often we look at our physical situation and our material possessions, and think that those are the primary areas in which God blesses us. But although God can and does bless us physically, that’s not His highest priority. All those things will one day pass away and be destroyed – our money, our possessions, even our bodies. That’s why God places much more value on spiritual things – things which will never be destroyed or taken away.
When I think of God’s favour, I automatically think of the salvation He has freely given to me. If I receive nothing else from Him in this life, just knowing He has saved me from an eternity of torment is enough for me. I have found my security in Him. Whenever troubles come, I know that He is always there to turn to for help – He won’t reject me. He has promised in His Word to protect me from the evil one (Matt. 6:13, 1 John 5:18). Can you see God’s favour at work in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment