Thursday, July 5, 2012

The First and the Last

“When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then He placed His right hand on me and said: ‘Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.’” Revelation 1:17-18
This title, ‘the First and the Last’, is one that is ascribed throughout the Bible to God.
“Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord [Jehovah] – the First and the Last – I am He” (Isa. 41:4)
“This is what the Lord [Jehovah] says – Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty [Jehovah Sabaoth]: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God” (Isa. 44:6)
The title ‘Alpha and Omega’ is also used of God (alpha being the first letter of the Greek alphabet and omega being the last):
“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End” (Rev. 22:13)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty” (Rev. 1:8).
Yet here we have proof that these titles, ‘the First and the Last’, and ‘the Alpha and the Omega’, refer to Jesus. “I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever” (Rev. 1:17-18). There is only one person who matches this description: someone who is God, who died, and now lives forever. God the Father did not die. It was His Son, Jesus Christ – who is not only the Son of God, but is also God the Son. Jehovah’s Witnesses deny this crucial point of Christian doctrine. Yet the Bible makes it very clear, that Jesus is part of the Trinity of Jehovah God.

2 comments:

  1. Jehovah's Witnesses creed is a falsehood of Jesus *invisible* second coming October 1914.

    Tens of thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses are DEAD (since 1945) by a man-made Watchtower society ban on *whole* blood transfusions.
    Jehovah's Witnesses endlessly argue the red herring trinity enigma because they cannot defend their Adventist plagiarized October 1914 date for Jesus second coming your "pivotal" all important core creed prophecy.
    Jehovah's Witnesses are 'wolves in sheep's clothing' false prophets that Jesus himself warned about [Matthew 7:15].
    -
    Danny Haszard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danny,

    I'm not sure why in your comment you've written "your 'pivotal' all important core creed prophecy" - I am most certainly not a Jehovah's Witness. Did you actually read my post? JWs hold many unBiblical (and therefore false) doctrines: most importantly, they don't believe that Jesus is God; while they acknowledge that He is the Son of God (as Adam was a 'son' of God, Luke 3:38), they deny that He is God the Son. They believe Jesus is the archangel Michael. They do not believe Jesus is Jehovah God - yet the linking of this title 'First and Last' to Jehovah God in the Old Testament, and Jesus as the One who 'was dead and is alive' in the New Testament, shows what the Bible really teaches on this.

    I am not sure what your point was?

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete