Friday, January 28, 2011

Count your blessings

“Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders You have done. The things You planned for us no-one can recount to You; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.” Psalm 40:5
It’s good for us to count our blessings on a regular basis, and thank God for everything He has done. Sure, we can thank Him in general, but there’s overwhelming gratitude that spills over when we actually recall specific examples.
For me, here are some of the things God has blessed me with. First and foremost, for sending His Son to die for my sins so that I can receive salvation and spend eternity in heaven with Him. After that, things like good health, having grown up in a Christian family, the education I received, my job and all the opportunity it brings to be constantly learning and discovering new things, the opportunities to travel. My church, the pastor and the people there. Friends I have made over the years. My abilities and talents – intellectually and musically. The ability to play sport. The fact that I grew up and live in New Zealand, at the present time. My financial situation, and having a good place to live. Knowing that God is with me and He will never abandon me.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment