Monday, January 17, 2011

Security

“The Lord redeems His servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in Him.” Psalm 34:22
This verse is reminiscent of Romans 8:1-2, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” The promise of us having passed from death to life, of being freed from condemnation because of our sin, opens the door for all the other promises of God’s blessing, protection, and provision in our lives.
We may still condemn ourselves from time to time, but it’s at those times that we need reminders like this one (see also 1 John 3:19-20). God doesn’t condemn us anymore, if we are in Christ.
Nor will we inadvertently slip out of His hand. Jesus said, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no-one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no-one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and the Father are one” (John 10:28-30). When we read this, we should think of two hands – one cupped on top of the other. We can’t be snatched out; and we can’t fall through the cracks. Again, Jesus said, “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away” (John 6:37). We are secure in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment