Thursday, January 26, 2012

My rock of refuge

“Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress.” Psalm 71:3
We all need a rock of refuge at various times in our life, a place where we know we are safe. For the Christian, that place has to be with God. It’s not a physical place, but a spiritual one.
Throughout the Bible God is called a rock, a fortress, a strong tower. These are all things that, once you are inside, the enemy can’t harm you. God’s arms are always open to take you into safety. It doesn’t mean the battle stops, but it means you are protected.
If you’re feeling under attack today, seek out God as that fortress and rock of refuge. Here are some other verses that I hope you will find encouraging:
“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Ps. 18:2).
“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe” (Prov. 18:10).
“He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart” (Ps. 91:4).
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isa. 41:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment