Friday, June 25, 2010

God's grace is enough

“But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefor I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
Paul, writing here about his ‘thorn in the flesh’, relates to us what God told him concerning it. Paul had asked God three times to heal him, but for His own reasons, God declined his request. Instead, He chose to use that affliction to keep Paul humble and close to Him. He gave Paul grace to live in spite of the pain.
It is only when we come to the end of our own strength, that God can work in us. When we acknowledge that we aren’t strong enough, that’s when His power becomes evident. I struggle with a short temper. So any time that I find myself being overly patient and not getting worked up, I know that is God working in me. It’s not something I can summon up from within myself.
It’s a good thing to know what our weaknesses are – not so we can hide them or compensate for them, but so we can acknowledge our deficiencies, and thus enable God to display Himself in our lives, and give Him the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment